In the fantastic area of Plymouth resides 60,603 people where 60% are homeowners. With an average age of 42.5, the residents of Plymouth are well established, with many growing families of all ages. Over the recent months roughly 361 homes have been sold with an average sold price of $532,682. That is a decrease of $1,487 from the previous period.
Want the full market report for Plymouth?
We want to ensure that you have all the information needed to make the best decisions when it comes to your home goals. When you enter your info below you will get instant access to the latest Plymouth market report, complete with sales and demographic trends of the South Shore.
Historic Plymouth Massachusetts Homeownership
Known as “America’s Hometown”, Plymouth, Massachusetts is literally the epicenter of New England – during his 1614 voyage, John Smith, the English explorer, named the area Plymouth after the city in South West England along with coining the phrase “New England” for the region.
As the oldest municipality in New England, Plymouth can legitimately claim the “American Dream” has homeownership in Plymouth at its core.
Plymouth Massachusetts Real Estate Market is Booming in 2021
The Plymouth MA housing market, much like the rest of Massachusetts and the entire country at large, is extremely “hot” with double-digit price increases given the historically low supply of homes being listed for sale in New England. Plymouth is in a “seller’s market”, as buyers compete in multiple-offer situations on the Plymouth homes that are for sale. Large homes in the Greater Boston area, yet outside Boston given work from home (WFH) flexibility, remain in high demand, and while many buyers have the buying power to bid up Plymouth property values given low-interest rates, many current Plymouth homeowners have the luxury of remaining on the sidelines which prevents the easing of the Plymouth housing supply.
- The number of single family homes in Plymouth sold during 2021 is 485 a 12% decrease from the previous year
- Average Days on Market has dropped from 84 to 35, a whopping 58% decrease
- Average Days to Offer in Plymouth is now 18, down from 57 the previous year, a 68% decrease
- Average sale price of a Plymouth single family home is $536,636, up 18% from the previous year
- On average, Plymouth homebuyers are paying 3.4% more than the asking price of homes
Plymouth Massachusetts Real Estate Investment: Should I Buy Real Estate in Plymouth?
Despite the 2021 Plymyouth MA seller’s market, real estate in Plymouth has consistently gained in value over the past 20 years.
- Over the past 5 years, Plymouth real estate values increased by 51%
- Over the past 10 years, Plymouth real estate increased in value by 74%
- Over the past 20 years, Plymouth home values rose by 127%
Plymouth MA Schools
Best Plymouth Small Businesses
Local News & Advice
Read helpful resources and articles related to the area.
Many newly licensed real estate agents need help in how to present an offer to a listing agent. …
Our retirement years should be spent doing the things we love, and for some, that may mean launching …