Referral Terms of Service
Use of our Referral Service
Our referral service matches buyers and sellers of residential real estate with real estate professionals. The service we provide to these parties is governed by the terms outlined below.
If for whatever reason you don’t agree with the terms, we kindly ask you to please leave our website and not use our referral service. If you do use our service, that action will serve as your agreement to be bound by our terms of service (“Terms of Service” or “Agreement”).
Terms for Buyers and Sellers
All buyers and sellers of real estate, and their representatives, who are involved with and use our referral service must agree with the following terms:
- When you use our service, we make a professional referral introduction between you and one of our partners, including agents, lenders, and/or adjacent real estate professionals. These introductions involve sharing contact information among the parties. When you submit information via our website, you authorize us to use and provide this information to make introductions. By providing this information to us, you consent to be contacted by us and our partners via email, text, phone, or other reasonable means.
- To help you, we need you to provide accurate and complete information so you can be contacted. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate access to anyone who provides inaccurate or misleading information.
- You understand we make referrals in conjunction with the sale of single family homes, condos, or townhomes in select markets of the US only (“Residences”), and do not offer or claim to offer services related to other property types (i.e. multi-family, land, parking spaces, etc.) or leasing.
- You understand that for our referral service, we intend to receive payment (a referral fee) from professionals involved in the real estate transaction. There is no charge to you. Any referral fee is due based on a separate agreement between us and the professional(s) involved. Your use of our service constitutes your acknowledgment of, and agreement to, this compensation arrangement.
- You understand that we intend to provide you a closing gift after you complete your transaction, to be funded in whole or part by the referral fee we receive from the real estate professional involved in your transaction and that we cannot provide you a closing gift unless the real estate professional signs our referral agreement and until we receive said referral fee.
- You understand that to reasonably receive a closing gift, you must complete a transaction with a real estate professional to whom we refer you within one (1) year of us making an introduction.
- You understand that while Stuart St James may refer real estate professionals to you, any real estate transactions will be conducted by local real estate professionals who have been referred to you and are not affiliated with Stuart St James unless explicitly communicated to you in a written disclosure. We are not party to nor aware of any terms of any transaction negotiated by these real estate professionals unless explicitly communicated to you in writing. Stuart St James does not endorse, recommend, or otherwise know the terms of any agreement between you and a real estate professional unless explicitly communicated to you in writing.
- You understand that while we may make an introduction to a third-party real estate professional, with whom you may or may not choose to pursue a potential business relationship, Stuart St James is not your agent, does not represent you, and will not be performing any real estate brokerage services on your behalf beyond introducing you to real estate professionals unless explicitly communicated to you in writing.
- Your participation in our services is voluntary and can be terminated by either of us for any reason at any time with written electronic notice. However, any referrals made before such termination are still bound by the agreements we may have with a real estate professional.
- You acknowledge our ability to modify the services or these terms at any time. We’ll give you advance notice via email of any significant changes.
Terms for Real Estate Professionals
Licensed real estate professionals who are involved with and use our referral service must agree with the following terms:
- If you choose to accept referrals from Stuart St James, and if you subsequently handle a real estate transaction for this referral, then you agree to pay us a Referral Fee – this is our business model and how we earn money.
- Maintain your real estate license, adhere to applicable laws, and take responsibility for brokerage services provided to your clients. Indemnify, defend, and hold Stuart St James harmless from any claims arising from your clients.
- Ensure any information provided to Stuart St James is accurate, complete, and owned by you. Commit to updating inaccurate information.
- Acknowledge we may modify services, terms of service, or prices at any time, and we’ll give you advance notice via email.