if you’re entrepreneurial and the model is a fit, join the team!
The Stuart St James brokerage model is best aligned with Massachusetts real estate agents who want to maximize take-home income individually or as a leader of a team and don’t need hand-holding or significant support to run their business.
We transparently share our Massachusetts real estate brokerage income and fee structure so you can plainly see Stuart St James provides real estate agents an unsurpassed percentage of gross commission income.
We have a very simple model: $95 per month and a $245 transaction fee, that’s it, period.
Apply now, all inquiries are held in strict confidence.
Is Stuart St James Right for You?
Who is Stuart St James for?
Stuart St James is primarily designed for agents who are entrepreneurs running their own brand and business, have experience and deal flow, don’t need training or transaction hand-holding support, are comfortable not having a physical office or a broker looking over their shoulder, and want to truly maximize take-home income for themselves as an individual contributor or leader of a team.
Additionally, Stuart St James can also represent a great fit for entrepreneurs who have and maintain their Massachusetts real estate salesperson license for personal reasons, namely want to “hang my Massachusetts real estate license” with a brokerage and avoid erroneous fees or being charged steep commissions when personally involved as a buyer or seller in a transaction or have a lot of real estate referral business.
Who is Stuart St James NOT for?
Stuart St James is not designed for agents who have no experience, must have a physical office, need rigorous training and/or significant transaction hand holding or a lot of marketing support, or have a negative attitude.
Boston Real Estate Agents & Brokers at Stuart St James
Here’s a look at what we offer:
- 100% agent commission with low fees. Earn 100% commission income on day one, and enjoy low fees and no cap system of any kind – that goes for both you as an individual agent, or, as a leader of a team at our brokerage.
- No hidden or random fees. We do not burden our agents with corporate brand fees, franchise fees, technology fees, virtual phone fees, or any hidden fees when commission is disbursed.
- G Suite (formerly Google Apps for Work). Each Stuart St James agent receives complimentary access to G Suite, Google’s online communication, organization, and collaboration tools accessible from any Internet-enabled device – email, phone, messaging, calendar, secure document storage, and more.
- Practice full-time or part-time, really. Practice real estate truly at your own pace. There will not be a broker looking over your shoulder asking when your next deal will close. We will not in the future pull a bait and switch and voice disappointment or frustration you’re not closing more deals after telling us in the beginning you were going to practice real estate part-time – work on your schedule and timeline.
- Fast and Efficient Deal Closing. We are the only brokerage in Massachusetts to develop a super simple transaction closing process using modern technology which speeds processing of closed deals and gets agents paid faster, typically one (1) business day after gross commission deposit clears our business operating account.
- Errors & Omissions (E&O) Insurance. You will be covered by Stuart St James’ E&O insurance policy at no additional cost to you. This is just another way we make our agents’ lives easier, not burdening them with fees that add up.
Apply now, we’ll hold your application in strict confidence.
Boston Massachusetts Realty Virtual Office
So how does it work? Stuart St James allows agents to leverage a virtual real estate office model – no required meetings or mandatory floor hours that produce little to no leads, or erroneous monthly charges for technology and equipment you don’t actually use.
A virtual office model is perfect for real estate agents who are proactive, self-starting, and want to grow their own real estate agent career and business in an entrepreneurial manner.
While Stuart St James has office space in our downtown Boston location, we expect our agents will be in the field at listing appointments and showings and/or meeting with clients at properties versus sitting behind a desk.
Apply now, we’ll hold your inquiry in confidence.
Real Estate Agent Salary MA
Four major recruiting and salary insight platforms estimate the average Massachusetts real estate agent salary to range from $28,000 to $115,000 per year.
The vast majority of licensed real estate agents have below average salaries, which statistically speaking could be for a number of reasons. Yet, a Harvard study revealed something fascinating about compensation and crushing the average.
- 83% of participants in the study had no specific goal(s)
- The 14% that had specific (but unwritten) goals earned 300% more than the group without specific goals
- The 3% who had specific and written goals earned 1,000% more than the group without specific goals
While correlation does not mean causation, writing down a specific goal for your real estate agent salary, even if you practice part time, will set you up for success. Couple that goal with a formulaic and thoughtful prospecting plan, and if executed with discipline, you’ll easily crush the average.
Questions to Ask When Choosing a 100% Commission Real Estate Brokerage
No, there are no transaction minimums or quota and you will not be asked to leave if you haven’t closed a deal in x months. A broker will not look over your shoulder and eagerly ask you when you will close your next deal – It should be evident gross commission as a result of closing a deal is immaterial to Stuart St James, as 100% of gross commission is passed to agents, save a relatively inconsequential transaction fee.
There’s no minimum term or commitment period when affiliating with Stuart St James.
The only document we electronically sign is the standard independent contractor agreement (ICA) promulgated by the Greater Boston Real Estate Board (GBREB) which contains the fee schedule on our website as an appendix.
All earnest money deposits, along with additional Purchase & Sale Agreement (P&S) deposits, are held in escrow by your seller’s real estate attorney / closing attorney, not Stuart St James.
Gross commission is always made payable to Stuart St James and deposited by you or wired by a closing attorney into our business operating account (mailing of checks causes significant delays in processing and transferring your net commission). After submitting supporting transaction documentation and your gross commission deposit clears, transfer of your net commission is immediate via three payment options – those three options include (1) BillPay physical check (free) (2) electronic transfer to a Bank of America account with $5,000 daily limit (free) or (3) wire transfer ($30 fee).
No. Stuart St James does not charge agents different transaction fees for different priced properties, nor do we charge agents for coverage of our errors and omissions (E&O) insurance policy be that on a per transaction basis or otherwise.
No. Massachusetts decouples MLS access from Realtor status and there’s no requirement to join the National Association of Realtors (NAR), Massachusetts Association of Realtors (MAR), or the Greater Boston Real Estate Board (GBREB), however, you’re more than welcome to if you’d like.
No, it’s not required – if you’re simply looking to hang your license and/or keep fees low, access and affiliation with a MLS is optional. Membership to New England’s largest MLS system, called MLS Property Information Network (MLS PIN), is optional and costs $126 per quarter.
It’s a simple and straightforward process which can reasonably be accomplished within 24 hours. We electronically sign the ICA, you pay the one-time setup fee and your first monthly agent fee, we provision you a stuartstjames.com G Suite account, and file the necessary affiliation paperwork with the Board.
Apply now, we’ll hold your application in strict confidence.