If you’re entrepreneurial and the model is a fit, join the team!
The Stuart St James brokerage model is best aligned with Massachusetts real estate agents who want to maximize take-home income individually or as a leader of a team and don’t need hand-holding or significant support to run their business.
We transparently share our Massachusetts real estate brokerage income and fee structure so you can plainly see Stuart St James provides real estate agents an unsurpassed percentage of gross commission income.
Apply now, all inquiries are held in strict confidence.
Is Stuart St James Right for You?
Who is Stuart St James for?
Stuart St James offers unique value to five (5) audiences, each audience has its own needs:
- Experienced agents / Top Producers
- Newly licensed real estate agents
- Part-time real estate agents
- Real estate investor agents
- Real estate teams
Stuart St James is a fit for experienced Massachusetts real estate agents who are entrepreneurs running their own brand and business, have deal flow, don’t need training or transaction hand-holding support, are comfortable not having a physical office or a broker looking over their shoulder, and want to truly maximize take-home income for themselves as an individual contributor or leader of a real estate team.
While we do not provide a tremendous amount of transaction hand holding, “new” agents who are entrepreneurial, self-starting, and naturally curious have crushed it with Stuart St James. Inexperienced agents who join make a commitment to study the standard Massachusetts transaction process workflow to get up to speed quickly – we have a short online video course that’s applicable along with some high level process flow and timeline descriptions that are helpful here. Stuart St James offers brand new Massachusetts real estate agents (1) an unparalleled commission split, there is none, you unlock access to 100% commission immediately with no waiting period whatsoever and (2) alignment and a comfort level on full-time vs part-time (or less), you practice as much or as little as you like, no awkward conversations or disappointment if you’re not closing deals, we promise. As a newly licensed real estate agent salesperson, you simply will not find this fully transparent, no-nonsense, no hassle approach anywhere else – that’s what makes Stuart St James the best real estate brokerage for new agents.
Additionally, Stuart St James is a great fit for entrepreneurs who have and maintain their Massachusetts real estate salesperson license for personal reasons, are part-time real estate agents, or simply want to “hang my Massachusetts real estate license” with an honest and reasonable brokerage and avoid erroneous fees or being charged steep commissions when personally involved as a buyer or seller in a transaction or have a lot of real estate referral business.
Stuart St James is a real estate investor agent friendly brokerage in Massachusetts. Through organic growth, more than 30% of real estate agents at Stuart St James are Massachusetts real estate agent investors.
Who is Stuart St James NOT for?
Stuart St James is not designed for agents who must have a physical office, need rigorous training and/or significant transaction hand holding or a lot of marketing support, or have a negative attitude.
Choose the Best 100% Commission Real Estate Agent Plan for Your Massachusetts Real Estate Business
Boston Real Estate Agents & Brokers at Stuart St James
Here’s a look at what we offer:
- 100% agent commission, forever. Earn 100 percent commission income on day one for all transactions with Stuart St James and in perpetuity (never reset to something lower annually or otherwise, never waste another moment thinking about requalifying for a higher commission), and enjoy no “cap” system of any kind – that goes for both you as an individual agent, or, as a leader of a team at our brokerage.
- No hidden or random fees. We do not burden agents with corporate brand fees, franchise fees, E&O insurance fees, Stuart St James is a real estate brokerage with no desk fees, no technology fees, no virtual phone fees, nor any hidden fees when commission is disbursed. Further, everything is transparently shared on this page – for efficiency you’re not left guessing about anything and for integrity there are no fees, however small they might be, waiting to be disclosed only after you contact us.
- G Suite (formerly Google Apps for Work). Each Stuart St James agent receives complimentary access to G Suite, Google’s online communication, organization, and collaboration tools accessible from any Internet-enabled device – email, phone, messaging, calendar, secure document storage, and more.
- Practice full-time or part-time, really. Practice real estate truly at your own pace. There will not be a broker looking over your shoulder asking when your next deal will close. Work on your schedule and timeline – we will not in the future pull a bait and switch and voice disappointment or frustration you’re not closing more deals after telling us in the beginning you were going to practice real estate part-time.
- Fast and Efficient Deal Closing Technology. We are the only brokerage in Massachusetts to develop a super simple transaction closing process using modern technology and automation which speeds processing of closed deals and gets agents paid faster, typically one (1) business day after gross commission deposit clears our business operating account.
- Professionally Designed Real Estate Marketing Flyer Templates. Complimentary access to 20+ professionally designed real estate flyer templates and feature sheets you can easily customize and use for open houses and private showings.
- Errors & Omissions (E&O) Insurance Included. You will be covered by Stuart St James’ E&O insurance policy at no additional cost to you. This is just another way we make our agents’ lives easier, not burdening them with fees that add up.
- Stuart St James is a HUD Certified Principal Broker. In order to qualify to sell HUD homes, Associate Brokers and Selling Agents register on the HUD Homestore site using their personal real estate license number and their Principal Broker’s Name and Address Identification (NAID) Number. Stuart St James has a HUD-issued Principal Broker NAID which allows registered real estate agents on our team to show, advertise, and submit offers on HUD Homes. This has proven valuable to many of the real estate investor agents on the team.
Monthly Recurring Passive Income Affiliate Program. Each Stuart St James agent is automatically enrolled in our Affiliate Program that gives real estate agents the opportunity to generate lifetime monthly recurring passive income affiliate commission in conjunction with agents who join Stuart St James based on your referral – learn more about our “industry-first” monthly recurring passive income real estate affiliate program.
Apply now, we’ll hold your application in strict confidence.
Boston Massachusetts Virtual Real Estate Brokerage
How does a virtual real estate brokerage actually work? Stuart St James allows agents to leverage a virtual real estate office model – no required meetings or mandatory floor hours that produce little to no leads, or erroneous monthly charges for technology and equipment you don’t actually use.
A virtual real estate brokerage office model is perfect for real estate agents who are proactive, self-starting, and want to grow their own real estate agent career, brand, and business in an entrepreneurial manner.
While Stuart St James maintains a virtual office in downtown Boston, we expect our agents will be in the field at listing appointments and showings and/or meeting with clients at properties versus sitting behind a desk.
Apply now, we’ll hold your inquiry in confidence.
Real Estate Agent Salary MA
Four major recruiting and salary insight platforms estimate the average Massachusetts real estate agent salary to range from $28,000 to $115,000 per year.
The vast majority of licensed real estate agents have below average salaries, which statistically speaking could be for a number of reasons. Yet, a Harvard study revealed something fascinating about compensation and crushing the average.
- 83% of participants in the study had no specific goal(s)
- The 14% that had specific (but unwritten) goals earned 300% more than the group without specific goals
- The 3% who had specific and written goals earned 1,000% more than the group without specific goals
While correlation does not mean causation, writing down a specific goal for your real estate agent salary, even if you practice part-time, will set you up for success. Couple that goal with a formulaic and thoughtful prospecting plan, and if executed with discipline, you’ll easily crush the average.
If you’ve written down an annual income goal, plug it into the decades-old real estate agent success formula to gain clarity on how to achieve your goal – and don’t forget to play with the formula to see the massive impact commission split has on your annual income.
Which Real Estate Brokerage Should I Join?
Questions to Ask When Choosing a 100% Commission Real Estate Brokerage
No, there are no transaction minimums or quotas at Stuart St James and you will not be asked to leave if you haven’t closed a deal in x months. A broker will not look over your shoulder and eagerly ask you to forecast deal flow against your goals or ask when you will close your next deal – it should be evident gross commission as a result of closing a deal is immaterial to Stuart St James, as 100% of gross commission is passed to agents, save a relatively inconsequential transaction fee in our Launch plan (the Elevate plan has no transaction fees). Naturally, this level of flexibility and independence is perfect for new agents who don’t yet have deal flow and part-time real estate agents who choose to work a limited number of transactions for any number of reasons.
There’s no minimum term or commitment period when affiliating with Stuart St James.
The only document we electronically sign is the decades-old standard independent contractor agreement (ICA) promulgated by the Greater Boston Real Estate Board (GBREB) with the fee schedule on our website as an exhibit – transparently available for your full review here (Launch plan PDF) and here (Elevate plan PDF).
All earnest money deposits, along with additional Purchase & Sale Agreement (P&S) deposits, are held in escrow by your seller’s real estate attorney / closing attorney, not Stuart St James.
Gross commission is always made payable to Stuart St James and deposited by you or wired by a closing attorney into our business operating account (mailing of checks causes significant delays in processing and transferring your net commission). After submitting supporting transaction documentation and your gross commission deposit clears, transfer of your net commission is immediate via three payment options – those three options include (1) BillPay physical check (free) (2) electronic transfer to a Bank of America account with $5,000 daily limit (free) or (3) wire transfer ($30 fee).
No. Stuart St James does not charge agents different transaction fees for different priced properties, nor do we charge agents for coverage of our errors and omissions (E&O) insurance policy be that on a per transaction basis or otherwise.
No. Massachusetts decouples MLS access from Realtor status and there’s no requirement to join the National Association of Realtors (NAR), Massachusetts Association of Realtors (MAR), or the Greater Boston Real Estate Board (GBREB) to affiliate with Stuart St James.
No, it’s not required – if you’re simply looking to hang your license and/or keep fees low, access and affiliation with a MLS is optional. Membership to New England’s largest MLS system, called MLS Property Information Network (MLS PIN), is optional and costs $126 per quarter.
Most definitely, 100%. Simply follow the professional standards of practice related to advertising (254:CMR 3:00:9) outlined by the government of Massachusetts.
It’s a simple and straightforward process which can reasonably be accomplished in well under one (1) business day. We’ve automated nearly the entire process which has allowed us to eliminate a one-time agent setup fee. We electronically sign the ICA, you pay your first monthly agent fee, we provision you a stuartstjames.com G Suite account, file the necessary affiliation paperwork with the Board, and share a welcome email with you.
Apply now, we’ll hold your application in strict confidence.